WTF Am I Doing?
At some point in time we stop and think WTF Am I Doing? Currently my realm of life situations are causing me to ask this question, a lot. But not in the way in which most of you are reading. Most of my life Ive operated using both intellect and instinct causing me to be both cautious and radical, both intrigued and uninterested.
Before I get all deep this is just a statement to express that within all of this, the entrepreneur slash artist slash human slash possible traveler slash long distant aunt slash peace keeper and all the above, I really don't know what Im doing.
So much so that I finally took the leap and added a store to my website for people to be able to purchase pieces of my work. Doing it though still don't know WTF I'm doing.
These few paragraphs are to truly express and encourage you to push forward even when you don't know what you're doing. Though this may seem simple, fighting your ego to allow you to take on the things you aren't too sure of is extremely difficult. All last week I spent my days looking for a box that would fit a print and where would be the best place to send it off. I was frustrated because I didn't know WTF I was doing. Even with asking other people and calling a million places, I still didn't have a solid answer until I decided to pick an option, (the best option hopefully) and go from there.
To add more to the pile of WTF Am I Doing, Im hosting my first photo exhibition and mixer in LA all planned and executed by you guessed it. And guess what else, I didn't and still have no idea WTF Im Doing. And Im fine with that.
The goal is to always push past the fear of literally just not knowing. A lot of people give up when they dont know, however that is the last thing you should do. Here are a few tips on what to do when you dont know WTF You are Doing.
1. Weigh out your options before you get frustrated and ready to give in. By this I mean do some research and see whats available to help you solve whatever it is your looking for.
2. After you found some possibilities map out how to see which few are the best option. Do your due diligence, but don't spend too much time in this realm because as we know information is infinite.
3. Im super down for just doing it, so the only next option is get your ass up and go. Go to the location that can provide the service you need and if you need more than one, take a few hours and map out visiting each place to find a solid answer to your question.
4. Accept that your just flowing and that it will work out in the end. Don't spend too much time stressing over what you "think" you dont know. Sometimes not that much effort is required especially if we allow it to manifest in its own time. Definitely take action, but dont allow the action to take you.
5. Use the internet, make phone calls and ask people. We are given everything we need to figure out where we need to go.